Volunteer .... confusing word

Volunteer .... confusing word

Postby msacalifornia » Wed May 09, 2012 12:12 am

I've been reading all the posts when you talk about volunteers. I understood their play with the families is a contribution and a learning experience that gets the training as a reward. Isn't it? The times I have volunteered for many other purposes and never got paid or requested any money. It's really confusing....
msacalifornia

Re: Volunteer .... confusing word

Postby BeckyDamgaard » Wed May 16, 2012 2:51 pm

Hello,

We agree! The experience of doing something meaningful, being part of an amazing process with a special child, learning more about yourself and gaining experience in Autism and The Son-Rise Program with full training provided is the the pay-off. However, some families prefer to pay their volunteers.

Warm regards,
BeckyDamgaard

Postby msacalifornia » Thu May 17, 2012 1:18 am

Becky ... and the payment how it can work out when I have no sufficient funds...?? I'm just trying to understand.. Thanks a lot.
msacalifornia

Postby BeckyDamgaard » Thu May 31, 2012 4:21 pm

Hi,

Well you would indeed need to have sufficient funds available to be able to pay them in the first place, which is the case for the parents that pay their workers. Some get funding from their local school district to pay their workers. Also some meet in the middle and just cover their travel expenses.

Best wishes,
BeckyDamgaard

Postby msacalifornia » Thu May 31, 2012 5:59 pm

Becky, thanks a lot for your statements and comments. They are really helpful. By the way, I will be there for the Start Up in June. I am so grateful with the program and so thankful to give my son a meaningful choice, he got potty trained thanks to this warm program. Yesterday I saw one of the videos that you posted in FAcebook about Inspiration... I found myself there, I have many worries. Looking forward to find the answers and give the choice of happines that my son and I deserve it.

Warm regards,
msacalifornia

Postby jbymun » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:23 pm

If you were just at the start up I may have met you because I too was just there.
jbymun

Postby msacalifornia » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:51 am

thanks a lot for your posting...I wonder if you have any question...What is your name?
msacalifornia

Return to Families Looking for Volunteers