Photographing a family using the Son Rise Treatment

Photographing a family using the Son Rise Treatment

Postby DaniaP » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:10 pm

Hello there! My name is Dania Maxwell and I'm a freelance photographer living in San Francisco. I am trying to find a family utilizing the Son Rise Program that would also be open to having their story photographed. I was wondering if anyone here is interested, or can connect me to someone who might be.

I was first turned on to the program back in college when I babysat for a family utilizing the program. Over the four years I worked with the family I saw their son, Rory, who was born with autism, grow socially. I've been interested ever since.

I have spoken with Apostrophe magazine and they are interested in printing the story. The magazine is a quarterly nonprofit publication by, for and about people with developmental disabilities. So, this story would be an opportunity for a family to let other families learn from their experiences with the program.

Please let me know if you're interested and can help. Also, check out my photographs--you can get an idea for the style and story: http://www.daniamaxwell.com/projects/distinctively/.

Thank you so much for reading. I hope to hear from you soon.

Please email me at Daniapatricia@gmail.com

Thanks for reading.
DaniaP

Re: Photographing a family using the Son Rise Treatment

Postby KimKorpady » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:29 pm

To Diana and other Son Rise Families out there,
This is wonderful and a great opportunity for families to get the word out that they are looking to create a team of volunteers to work with their child. Sharing your story could just be that link to finding the perfect person you've been looking for to join your Son-Rise Program at home.
BEAUTIFUL Thank you for sharing this opportunity Diania!
With LOVE,
Kim Korpady
Son Rise Program Child Facilitator :P
Kim Korpady
The Son Rise Program ™ Senior Child Facilitator
KimKorpady

Return to Inspirational Stories