restarting son-rise

restarting son-rise

Postby KHarrar » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:52 am

Hi after a two year break from the son-rise programme due to illness and normal things to do in life I really want to re-start the programme for my six year old son. However I now don't know where to begin. I attended both start-up and new frontiers and still have the son-rise manual but I can't seem to get me or my son motivated again. Does any body have any ideas!. I would be running the programme on a part-time basis as I can't risk getting ill again.

many thanks.
KHarrar

Re: restarting son-rise

Postby marinam » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:41 pm

Hi,hope this helps, I told my son before I went that I was going away to learn hoe to play with him better.
Now that I am back ,we talk about setting up a son-rise room just for him.I am trying to build anticipation and motivation for him.
Yestarday he asked me "can we go into the sonrise room soon ?" Yesterday was our first session after doing start-up. I found that I spent a lot of time just thinking about my next move instead of just acting. I gave myself the headspace to think "now what did William/Kate/Bryn say about this kind of situation ?" It was a quiet session but it was one of the best sessions we have ever had.

I too,have an issue with motivation-spending all day playing with 6 y.o wasnt ever a dream of mine,but I just keep telling myself that I am all he has and I will do my best for him and when he is an adult I want to be able to look at myseld and say that I did everything I could.

I would say in terms of your time commitment-commit to what you can enthusiastically do.Start small - maybe even 1/2 an hour a day and build up from there.
Reread your manual every day and reread the books.Definately view all the DVDs again-I found them the most inspiring and empowering. Go to youtube and have a look under "autism recovery".

And ring the Institute and book in a consult. Will they give you another 25 minute freebie?

I also find that meditation helps me a lot.
You sound stuck and maybe you need to mentally reframe your situation.
I hope some of this is helpful-just brainstorming.Take care and definately look after yourself,Marina
marinam

Return to Other