WANTED Amazing Volunteers for Macauley: Brisbane QLD Aust

WANTED Amazing Volunteers for Macauley: Brisbane QLD Aust

Postby jodik76 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:19 am

G'day to all the amazing people looking to volunteer in our SonRise program. We are the proud parents of Macauley, 4. We have been running a program since Feb this yr after I returned from Start Up on Dec 2009. We have just returned from our Intensive and are very charged and excited to take our program to the next level and to watch Mac soar!!
We are very excited about expanding our current team which consists of myself, hubby Clint and 3 awesome women.
Mac has come leaps n bounds since we've become SonRisers and his future is hopeful.
We are looking for people who are passionate about the Option Process and helping a little cutie!!
We are open to suggestions....
We look forward to hearing from you and hopefully welcome you into Team Mac with open arms!

Much Love,
Jodi :P
jodik76

Re: WANTED Amazing Volunteers for Macauley: Brisbane QLD Aust

Postby kristy » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:30 am

Hi Jodi & Clint;
Hope you dont mind me asking,..... My name is Kristy Toovey, We live on the sunshine coast north of Brissy,I have been following your journey with Macauley through the local paper articles Etc. We have a little girl Evie who's almost 4, last year she was diagnoised with autism & global development deylays, so our journey so far has been a "little rocky" to start, (The only advise we seem to get from the professionals is to do ABA, that just makes us want to curl up, cringe & run far,far, FAR away ! Something that we dont believe would help at all !
We relocated to Warner eairler on this year AEIOU at Bray Park, which unfortunatley was not a sucess, Evie regressed, & we are back home on the coast now,.... Anyways, we saw what you have done with your fundraising walk from Maroochydore to Brissy this raised our awarness of the Son-Rise program.
We have just recieved the DVD kit from Son Rise & are very keen to start the program. Im just wondering what your experiences were in initiating the program & getting to the states, & how Macauley is going ....
Evie has severe seperation anxiety with me , & has never been away from me longer than a few hours & wouldnt survive with me being away from her overnights as she co- sleeps & is still breastfeed due to her sensory issues, so to me the only way calm her when she becomes distressed.
The only way I can see this happening is to take her with us to do an intensive. However , the flight is another issue,? how did you handle the situation with Macauley? Do you think it would be possible to work it this way without doing the start up? & how did you come across any volenteers to do the program with you?
I think what your family has achived is truley amazing , your an inspiration....
i would love to hear from you what your experiences are if you get a chance.
Warm Regards
Kristy & Ian.
kristy

Postby jodik76 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:03 am

Kristy & Ian,

So nice to hear from you and I don't mind at all. I can't believe you were down the road from us at one stage...what a small world! Forgive me for not getting back to you sooner. This season is not called the silly season for nothing! You know your not the only parents I've heard that has had a nit so good experience with AEIOU!

Well embarking on Son-Rise! Amazing!!

Please feel free to contact me anytime with questions. My numbers are:
3882 5776 or0439 737 559 or email thekitefamily@msn.com
Look forward to speaking with u
Take care
Jodi
jodik76

Postby Josie » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:06 pm

Hello,

I'm a son-rise parent of 4yr old boy with Autism and Global Delay. I'm on my way to do Advanced Seminar in Son-Rise in Melbourne this weekend with Sean Fitzgerald. We live in Brisbane. I'd love to make contact with you about getting people for the room and just well see how you're going with it all. My email is josephadietrich@hotmail.com

Cheers,

Josie.
Josie

Return to Families Looking for Volunteers