B-12 therapy

B-12 therapy

Postby anantbhargava » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:19 pm

I have started B-12 injections for my son. Has anybody tried it before? What were the results?
anantbhargava

Re: B-12 therapy

Postby yulchikz » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:09 am

Hello. We've been giving these shots to my 3 y.o. son sine March 2010. So far, we have not seen any drastic improvements :(
yulchikz

Postby HelptheKids » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:31 pm

Many doctors advise giving your children b-12 shots, but every parent that I've met (who has children with autism) says that it just isn't worth it. What I'm curious to know is if it's simply a way to make extra money or are b-12 shots actually helpful? If no children have shown dramatic improvements due to the supplement, why is it worth my time and money to give something to my child that may hurt him? It never makes any sense to me how some doctors think.
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney
If you're having trouble, get a Medical Alarm!
HelptheKids

Postby Elisa » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:19 pm

My son has started with MB12 for the past 2 months. There has been an improvement as far as words are easier to retieve for him as long as we're working with him intensely. In the past, words were harder for him to recall. My understanding of MB12 is that it has a cummulative effect. The results dont happen all at once.
Elisa

Postby Minagelina » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:38 pm

I had started with B12 for my daughter a couple of weeks ago, but then she got sick and an ear infection, so I decided not to give her anything for a little bit. I will try again. She seemed to want to make more sounds (non verbal) and a friend of mine who uses it for her child says that he is more aware and now seems to notice things around him. It is a very highly rated protocol, but some children won't respond and some will. It depends on your child's chemistry. The initial five weeks are supposed to give you a hint if your child is a responder, however the real changes are cumulative. Also, you are not supposed to make any dietary or supplement changes during that first five weeks to make sure that any changes are from the shot. Go to tacanow.org and check out their treatment guide. There should be a couple of pages devoted to information on the shot. Hope this helps!
Minagelina

Postby sanjeev100 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:46 am

I am planning to start B-12 oral drops/spray for my 3 yr old son. Didn't know we could give injections as well. Do these have to be prescribed by a physician and how often do these have to be given?
sanjeev100

Postby anantbhargava » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:33 pm

dear sanjeev
please go to Dr. Neubrander's website to get details

Anant
anantbhargava

Postby Raizy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:28 pm

It seems to me that the problem stems from a different direction, as far as I know, B-12 is just one of the B vitamins, in order for the body to really absorb and benefit from ANY of the B vitamins we have to supply him with the entire B family therefore when you give your child shots that have just the B-12 you may see very little improvement if any.....
my son is 6 yr old severely Autistic, he was completely non-verbal, 3 month ago I started giving him B-complex from Shaklee, I give him 2-4 tablets a day, I crush into some grape juice and give It to him with a dropper (like Tylenol) since than he started having words! now he can name all of his foods and some of his toys and is asking verbally to take a bath! he is much more calm, less crying, more awareness and more facial expression!
when choosing supplements It is very important to have a company that is reliable has a commitment to purity and quality, vitamins are not drugs! you have to do your research about the company before buying them.
here you have a link were you can check out the Shaklee company, I am using their supplements for the last 2 yrs for myself with amazing results, and now for the last 3 months for my son with great results as well!
http://www.raizy.myshaklee.com

best regards!
Raizy
Raizy

Return to Diet and Biomedical Interventions