Looking for Volunteers in Canada

Looking for Volunteers in Canada

Postby BeckyDamgaard » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:53 am

Hi all,

A wonderful Son-Rise Program Mom asked me to post this:

Hello,

I am a mother of an autistic boy .
My son is going to be 10 soon and he is still not initiating speech and the potty training is only "sometimes" working.
I am writing to you as a desperate mother, I just don't know what else to do.
I believe in Son-rise more than in any other program.
I took all the programs for autism - start-up and ...up to the end... I also had 2 Intensives at the Option Institute.
They all helped. I am keeping Andrew home and we do playroom as much as we can...
We are almost bankrupt now, there are no more money.
I couldn't find any volunteers and my best help my mother died of colon cancer.
We are proud people ... this is not easy for me, but I am writing to you on behalf of a little boy who can't plead for himself.
I know that there are volunteers that are training in the Son rise program.
I am looking for 3 to 5 people that would be willing to travel and stay in Canada Ottawa for a duration of a few months ...maybe 6 maybe more maybe less. I can offer what you offer in an Intensive. Board and the playroom.
I have a lovely 2 storey 3 bedroom house brand new. It is fully furnished and everything is new in it. It is Andrew's house for when he grows up. It can accommodate even more people if they are interested. I can not pay for food or for the playroom time.
On the gate of the Option Institute I can read "A place for miracles". Can you find in your heart to help a little lost boy find his way ... can you please find it in your heart to make one more miracle happen?

With love from Canada

Nicoleta Burcea
1507 Lisbon Street
Ottawa Ontario
K4A 4L5
phone (613) 837-0184.
BeckyDamgaard

Return to Families Looking for Volunteers