Anyone in Australia???

Anyone in Australia???

Postby lindajane » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:45 pm

Hi,
Im in WA and am considering this for our family. My 7yo son is non-verbal. We have been teaching him using ABA/ DTT - but feel he is capable of much more and am leaning towards methods used by Son-rise.
would like to chat :-)
lindajane

Re: Anyone in Australia???

Postby Rachaussie » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:52 pm

Hi Im in Sydney,
I have an almost 3yr old son with autism non verbal. I have not done the son-rise start-up as yet but am seriously thinking of travelling to the states in June for the start up.

Would love a travel buddie if you are considering going?
Rachaussie

Postby masra44 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:19 am

hello to everyone,

i am a long-time son-rise mom and would love to reconnect with other son-rise families. my son, john, is 16 and doing well.

i am in spokane, wa, anyone out there up for being facebook friends?
chris fraser
cdfraser@live.com
masra44

Postby Benjaminady » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:58 pm

LindaJane and RachAussie!

So excited to get to meet both of you!

I work on 6 SonRise teams in Melbourne, and there are a couple of resources I'd love to let you know about.

There is a biweekly internet megameeting for Aussie SonRise families that takes place every second Friday. Just a note it's not sponsored or official from Autism Treatment Center, but it is a great resource for Aussie SonRise families. If you want to attend, email Ari at arikats@optusnet.com.au

There is a SonRise senior teacher named Sean Fitzgerald who now lives in Sydney who is available for outreach, training, and so forth. He can be reached at sean@autismtreatment-international.com

There is also a SonRise instructor from Australia named Suzanne Pruss who lives in California but who flies out to Aus regularly to train and help SonRise teams. She's at suzannepruss@gmail.com.

If you want to chat with me directly, shoot me an email and we can set up a time to do that. I'm at benjamin.ady@gmail.com

Much love to you on your journey! I'm so excited to hear you are interested in pursuing SonRise--being involved as a volunteer with SonRise families has radically changed my life for the better, and I feel super privileged. I believe the universe has some amazing people whose lives are going to intersect with yours in a similar way.

Benjamin
Benjaminady

Return to Connecting with Families Near You