7yo non-verbal....

7yo non-verbal....

Postby lindajane » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:51 pm

my beautiful son has no speech at all :-(
we have been using ABA/ DTT methods for the last 4yrs and nothing. have been pushing PECS and sign and he will do signs for more - at the moment everything is more more more..... but he does also do finished and toilet independantly.
anyone with any suggestions MORE THAN WELCOME - please, i long to hear LOVE YOU MUMMY!!!!
lindajane

Re: 7yo non-verbal....

Postby BeckyDamgaard » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:31 pm

Hi Linda,

I highly recommend that you call us on 413-229-2100 to book a free, 25 minute Initial Call with one of our Family Counselor's here at The Autism Treatment Center of America. They will help answer your questions about The Son-Rise Program and how it applies to your child and give you more information.

Warm regards,

Becky (Son-Rise Program Teacher).
BeckyDamgaard

Postby jz247 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:42 am

Hi Linda,
My son was nonverbal when we started Son-Rise about seven months ago and he has started talking just about a month ago. He is eleven.
We have gone through 2 years of ABA, two years of RDI and tried PICS with little or no progress.
We have found that motivation is the key to our son's speech. Unless he wants to talk, he is only repeating words without meanings.
I suggest you watch Kate's two videos on getting speech as we found the principles really useful and it is free. It would be great if you can watch them all.
http://www.autismtreatmentcenter.org/co ... tegies.php
Cheers,
Joey and Jing
jz247

Postby nicoleta » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:44 am

Hello,

My son Andrew is 8 now but he was non-verbal for 4 years.
After attending the Start-up, I heard about Enzymedica enzymes.
I gave him what Raun recommended and Andrew started talking the next day.
He is mostly echolalic but we stopped counting the words.
the site is Enzymedica.com and I gave him Candidase 1/2 capsule a day and Virustop 1 capsule a day. Virustop will also help him with his imune system so he won't get even a cold. Andrew was not sick one day for the last 2 years. That's a big plus!
Candidase will stop the yeast overgrowth.
The enzymes are safe and a natural supplement.

Love

Nicoleta
nicoleta

Postby Sunshine » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:11 am

Hi Linda,
I,m new to the son rise program and i am currently looking into it. I truly believe it could help my son.I can tell you that I know exactly
how you feel. My son is 7 years old and he started speaking a year ago with a lot of work from me his mom. I found that Oral Placement Therapy helped my son. It helped him feel his mouth muscles.
He is still not fluently speaking. But, at least he tells me I love you mommy. Try using a lot of gestures
When you speak to him. Gestural communcation helps develop verbal communication.
Please don,t give up. Believe in yourself and most of all believe in him.
If you are interested in OPT, look up TALK TOOLS.
Also I found the Listening Center helped. Let me know if you want more info.
Carmie
Sunshine

Return to Developing Your Child's Language