How the intensive program works?

How the intensive program works?

Postby BIBIANA » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:43 am

Hi, i would like to know , because i read in most of the coments from the parents how do they help their kids , to get them rid of the autism,and i realized that in most of the cases, these parents attent with the kids to the "intensive program" that so far i read is for 2 weeks, can someone explain me how is this program works, how much it will cost, and how often as a parents with the kids we have to attend to this program, is this one of the best programs? we still need to assist to the start up, maximum impact, and new frontiers, or if we do this one we dont need to go to the others mentioned above?
BIBIANA

Re: How the intensive program works?

Postby mason1980 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:48 pm

hi,
Just to let you know how we are doing after we have been to start-up and new fronters, last year. We have seen so much improvements that it blows us away!!! just yesterday we had a team meeting with our 3 volunteers and we have found that he is in stage 4 for everything except eye-contact and he is in stage 5 :lol: when we started, Stirling wasnt even on stage 1 and everything was goals, goals, goals! and now he can talk, toilet trained, sing, hug, talk in 8 word sentances, etc.... everyday something new happens and we are filled with love & joy.
We have looked at going to the intensive program, but we found that the other 2 that we have attended would help us enough and is less money, I would say that I think it depends on how affected your special child is, Stirling was higher functioning, and so we felt that the other 2 programs were more for us, however if he had been worse we would most likely of gone to the intensive, I think the best thing you can do is phone Son-rise and discuss your case with them, they will then be able to do what is best for your case. we had many phone calls before commited to going and they really listern and do the best for you, we were treated with the utmost respect and love.
with love
Kate
mason1980

Postby BIBIANA » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:10 am

Thanks for your advise, because i was so confussed ,im going to make a new phone call to them, because i dont know if should i call my son high functioning, because he is 4 almost 5 years old, and he doesnt have problems to hug, to kiss, he said 4 words sentences, when he talk he look at you but he doesnt hold the eye contact, he finish any frase looking somewhere else, he follow directions, he knows all the alphabet, and the spelling of words, he knows the numbers up to 50, he counts if you ask him how many?, he reads from little books, he is toillet trained, he knows how to take off his clothe, and put it on except to tie his tennis shoes, he sing along with the mirror, and with me and my husband, he ate on his own. how do you determine if he is hig functioning or not?
BIBIANA

Postby mason1980 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:46 pm

Hi sorry it has taken me so long to reply, I agree that you should phone Son-rise again and tell them what your concerns are, and yes it does sound like you special boy is high functioning, and I guess that there are areas where you could use some help for him.
warm thoughts at this time for you and your family
Kate
mason1980

Return to Exclusive and Repetitious Behaviors