Start-up or Maximise Your Impact?

Start-up or Maximise Your Impact?

Postby Kaismum » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:52 am

Hello
My name is Kasia and I'm new to this forum but I have been studying Son-Rise for a few months now. My son Kai is 3,5 and was diagnosed with autism in December 2011. Ever since the diagnosis we have been doing pictograms, massage therapy twice a day and TEACCH. He has progressed a lot, is highly verbal (although still there is a lot of echolalia), can sometimes beautifully bond, has become much more fond of other people (didn't use to notice them) and is already high-functioning - Praise God!
But of course there is still a lot to do, he sometimes goes through these waves of aggression that can last a few weeks when he is so angry, frustrated and aggressive that it is impossible to do any proper therapy and when it also affects his communication - we are actually experiencing another wave like this right now. Whenever I approach him through Son-Rise I feel he is much better at everything really, we still don't have proper son-rise time established but I do my best to approach him through son-rise all day and play with him through son-rise, we also live in a very small 1bedroom flat in London so we don't have separate space purely for son-rise. But I try my best to do the whole flat distraction free, with toys out of his reach so he has to communicate in order to get them.
We would love to come to America for the proper training but since Kai is already high functioning and we are very limited financially I wonder if it's possible to skip the start-up and attend maximise your impact or sonrise intensive straight away instead?
Also I am very interested in fundings available - we live in London, do you know where and whom I can turn to to apply for it?
Thank you in advance for any advice and help
Many blessings
Kasia
Kaismum

Re: Start-up or Maximise Your Impact?

Postby BeckyDamgaard » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:20 am

HI Kasia,

It's so fantastic to hear about how you have applied The Son-Rise Program with Kai already and he seems to be responding!

The best thing to do would be to have a chat with one of our Program Advisors so they can help guide you with what would be best suited. We will provide you with a complimentary 25-minute call and would love to answer your questions and give you more information about how to apply for financial aid. The number is 001-413-229-2100.

We hope to hear form you soon!

Warm regards,
BeckyDamgaard

Return to Other