Question from KK

Question from KK

Postby kathyfoster » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:30 am

Ok sweet ladies, home just a few days and already have a question about forms. You compiled all info for the week on one, should that be done for the team meeting or can each volunteer read off their own and then we keep them in a file? Since they are not typed and saved I'm just thinking of the work involved in compiling them. Can you see me smiling :D

Max played patty cake with me yesterday and actually did the rolling motion with his hands!!!!

We are having our first team meeting this Sunday, so we are really excited.

Once again thanks for all you do.

Grandma KK
kathyfoster

Re: Question from KK

Postby BeckyDamgaard » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:26 am

Kathy!

It's so great to hear from you! We miss you guys!

Well, you can either do it where each person has their own blank form to fill in (put there name on it and keep it in a pile outside the playrooms). Then each person reads from their own during the meeting. Then the most useful things that are shared in the meeting, pertaining to his goals and other things you are helping him with will be written down on another blank form (you can have one note taker, or pass the blank form around and have everyone take turns to write the teachniques the leader is pulling out in each catergory).

Or

You can use a computer to keep an electronic form on which is a master copy that everyone goes on and adds to. Then you print one out for each person and they share the information they wrote on it.

To keep it simple, I would probably stick to the first suggestion for now to help them all get used to using the form and sharing from it. Then later upgrade to the master version.

Please let me know if you have any other questions around this.

With love from all of us at The Son-Rise Program.
BeckyDamgaard

Postby kathyfoster » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:37 pm

Thanks Becky I do remember the note takers now, we learned so much that week that I don't remember. I need to get the audio from Priscilla and listen while I clean.

We miss all of you and the loving environment.

KK
kathyfoster

Postby kathyfoster » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:28 pm

Hey I thought of the other question. do we use the stage 1 or 2 forms. Max was pass stage 1 in everything but language.

Thanks for the help.

KK
kathyfoster

Postby BeckyDamgaard » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:26 am

Hi Kathy,

Actually, we emailed the blank forms that have been customized especially for Max. They are a mixture of stage one and two skills. If you stick to them for now they will highlight all the particular things we noted and worked on that were relevant to Max.

Please let me know if that helps.

Warm regards,
BeckyDamgaard

Postby kathyfoster » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:21 pm

Thanks Becky. I guess I thought it was the same as the book so did not print it. We will use those at the next meeting.

Max has really started to say so many new words. Today he said Alex (Ale) which was his volunteer. She was so excited. He said fish with me after he made a fish face and I mentioned he looked like a fish.

We also have a new volunteer who is a Pediactric Nurse.

I though of a way to advertise for volunteers and wondered if you ever had anyone make the magnetic signs for their cars? That way anywhere your car is people will see it. There just are not that many bulletin boards although I have been asking business to put them in their break rooms.

Please give all the ladies a big hug from K.K.
kathyfoster

Postby BeckyDamgaard » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Wow Kathy!

Good for Max, and you guys for all your hard work! Thanks for the update.

A magnetic bumper sticker idea for volunteers is a wonderful idea! Wow, I will pass it on to other families. Please let us know what response you get from it.

With love,
BeckyDamgaard

Return to Creating an Optimal Learning Environment