We need your help...

We need your help...

Postby Doll Suedad » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:23 pm

Have a great day!

This is a very difficult letter for me to write but many avenues seem to have been closed to me so I hope you can take the time to read this letter of mine.I am the mother of a four-year-old girl named Carmellah Camille S. Husain, she is beautiful, she looks like an angel and has a smile that lights up the world. She laugh never fails to be contagious to all within earshot. She is loved by many people.I am totally devoted to her.

She was diagnosed with autism and myasthenia gravis and has a developmental delay. For the first two and a half years of her life, Carmellah screamed and sobbed as if in intense pain for hours per day, sometimes days on end. Although we tried everything within our power, nothing helped and due to her inability to communicate (there's less communication) appeared to be in constant agony.

As soon as I began researching autism and myasthenia gravis, I realized that in order for Carmellah to become functional and able to communicate, she would require many hours of intensive one to one therapy and special school. Unfortunately, I am told this therapy and Special school could become terribly expensive. That means nothing, I just want to help my baby.

All research indicates early intervention is the only key to helping these kids. Therein lies the dilemma – how to get money to get early intervention.Nobody really knows what causes autism and there is no cure. We can treat the behaviors and the developmental delay. The encouraging news is that some autistic people go on to lead very fulfilling lives. Some graduate college and university and perform almost to a point where one cannot really tell there was ever a problem. Every single autistic adult I have met has been intelligent regardless of the functionality level. Every successful adult with autism I have met has had early intervention.

This letter is not intended to be a sad one. Carmellah has now had almost a year of Occupational therapy and Special School and the results are astonishing! Even the professionals have been amazed at her progress. I am very anxious by this news due to Carmellah's progress. Obviously the therapy and the special school are working, but since it entails a huge budget for now her therapies and special school was stopped. I'm currently working but my salary isn't enough to provide all her needs for the school and therapy. I'm afraid that it would lead to Carmellah's regression.

I have been told by different sources that you're known to sponsor worthy causes in the past. This is why this letter is so difficult to write. The thought of turning to strangers for help is beyond my experience but you're a well-known reputation of thoughtfulness and kindness. My daughter and her cause is of such importance to me that I am prompted to contact you.

With this in mind, I would like to ask if you could help me fund my child's Special School,Occupational & Speech therapy. I would not approach you but I've tried many other options with no luck.

I know this is not much in return for your consideration but I hope this story will give you pause regardless.

Thank you and God bless you.
Doll Suedad

Re: We need your help...

Postby BeckyDamgaard » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:41 pm

Hello Doll,

We really appreciate your passion and desire to help your beautiful daughter in such an amazing way!

If you speak to one of our Family Counselors, they will explain to you how we can help you further by applying for financial aid and giving you fundraising ideas to attend our Start-Up Program. That program will teach you everything you need to begin a home program for Carmellah.

Please call us on 413-229-2100. Alternatively you could reply with your telephone number and we can call you to set that up at no charge to you.

Warm regards,

BeckyDamgaard
BeckyDamgaard

Postby Doll Suedad » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:39 am

Thanks a lot for your reply. Okay I'll call you asap.
Doll Suedad

Postby Doll Suedad » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:42 am

You can also contact me @ +63-915-500-5212. It might cost me a lot if I'll call your #. As I've checked it's a MA #.
Doll Suedad

Postby BeckyDamgaard » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:21 pm

Hello,

Someone will be contacting you soon to set that up. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Warm regards,
BeckyDamgaard

Postby Doll Suedad » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:17 pm

Thank you so much. I'll be waiting for your call.
Doll Suedad

Return to Families Looking for Volunteers