The Son-Rise Football Festival 2011 Devon FA Reg.Event

The Son-Rise Football Festival 2011 Devon FA Reg.Event

Postby abbacop » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:07 pm

We now have the biggest Football Festival in the West of England!

15 trophies all bearing the SON-RISE FOR AUTISM words on them-
some 1,800 footballers will take part to help our local special needs children in this area of Tavistock.
WE ARE CHANGING LIVES FOR THE BETTER!

Please follow this event on sonrisecupdotcodotuk

Good luck everyone

yours

The Mad Son-Rise dad in Tavistock UK :lol:
abbacop

Re: The Son-Rise Football Festival 2011 Devon FA Reg.Event

Postby abbacop » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:21 pm

8-)
As a result of starting this event in 2006 we now have a disability football squad of 40 members. Many are on the Autistic Spectrum.
We just got a grant of £5,000 to spend on the football group so we are taking them to the famous Wembley Stadium to watch ENGLAND play in the Spring!

All in all fund raising to help my son in 2005 has turned into a wave of fund raisers and last count weve raised 120K for good causes! :roll: :lol:
abbacop

Postby abbacop » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:38 am

UPDATE-
2012 Son-Rise Cup for Autism Football Festival goes into yet another gear!

The event logo was designed at Wembley and along with promoting Autism Awareness the football community in the West of England are very much aware of this bonaza of football with the heart about disability football players and it is played under the RESPECT banner!

19th.20th.May 2012 is the date and OCEAN BMW are involved in sponsoring.
15 FA Referees will officiate the event and we expect up to 6,000 people to attend.

Remember all this started from a course in Enfield in January 2005 ;)

The Son-Rise Cup has pushed Ability Counts football in Devon to new heights so its been an incredible journey.
abbacop

Postby abbacop » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:40 am

Hi you guys.........2012 event update
the last event where we saw almost 7,000 people attend the festival.
Income from this was £17,000.00........outgoings £13,500.00

The fact is the therapy gets huge press and many,many people in the West Country (UK) are hearing about the success of the Son-Rise Programme.
Along with County publicity the National FA support the event........it doesnt get better than that!

Paul's story still touches people hearts and recently Channel 4 did a house makeover of our home to acknowledge us raising almost 200 Thousand pounds for charity.
The programme which was shown on the 25th.June gave me an opportunity to talk on TV about the success of the Son-Rise to our son and our family and in turn how it has helped so many other people in our area and further afield.
I will continue to praise the idea's of Son-Rise and am very proud of you guys in the USA for continuing to strive to help others.
My next project is to set up a website called ACTION4autism , this will signpost people in the UK to help, ideas and of course give a huge plug to the Autism Treatment Centre of America.
Iam sorry I dont come on your message board more often but remember the stories we shared over the period of 2005-2009 when we followed our intense programme and saw our son go in to main stream school from having had no eye contact and no speech!

Rock on SR and best wishes to you all.........
remember in those 4 years I was on your message board I put over 1,000 messages! :lol:
abbacop

Return to Inspirational Stories