Hi and hope you can help

Hi and hope you can help

Postby Mick » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:59 am

Hi everyone, I have jined this forum as my stepdaughter and son-in-law are soon to attend a seminar with this group at Nottingham with a view to signing up as their 3 year old son has autism. I want to get involved as much as possible and have been looking through this website to learn as much about the programme as possible.
I would really like to get a copy of the book or the dvd miracle of love so that I can get a better insight to the story behind the founding of son-rise, is it still possible to obtain and if so where?

Thanks for your time and I will certaunly be on here on a regular basis as everything that I have read and listened to about son-rise makes perfect sense to me
Mick

Re: Hi and hope you can help

Postby mason1980 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:07 pm

hello, sounds like your going to be a real support to your family well done, if you phone the autism treatment centre they will be more than willing to mail out the DVD free and then you can also purchase the book from the store they have and online, i love both the book gives a real insight to how they recovered Raun and the DVD is good to show those who want to know more and see it in action!!! :lol:
mason1980

Postby Mick » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:51 pm

I really do hope I can be a help, I never got any eye contact for months and then one weekend we decided to give the stepdaughter a break and took my grandson out for the weekend. We had a full day at the zoo and lots of pampering, now with working all hours god sends I only get to see my grandson at the weekends but every time I go round I just say " Harvey Hug" and he runs to me and straight into my arms. Not bragging but I am the only person he does that to so that must be a good sign that others can get some form of communication going with him.
Thanks for the tip about the DVD - much appreciated.
I'll keep you all informed as to how the seminar goes but I know they are going to register before the day even comes.
Mick

Postby Kiwi Lisa » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:02 pm

Hi Mick

Did you get to the seminar in Nottingham? What did you think? Did you manage to get a copy of the Kaufman's books & movies? If not, you can get them any time by phoning the autism treatment center of america. There's a fair bit of introductory stuff for free on this website, and I think they will mail you some info, if you want to just have a look and see if it's for you.

Good luck in your journey with your grandson. I like your attitude!

Cheers,
Lisa
Kiwi Lisa

Return to Other