translation into Spanish

translation into Spanish

Postby mariana » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:08 am

I'd like to begin by THANKING YOU for all the wonderful material you share in this site. I'm Argentinian, and the field of ASD is not as fully explored in my country as it is in the States, plus, I have found nothing like the SonRise program so far. The program is being launched in Buenos Aires this year for the first time, with some intructors from your center coming to teach two seminars, which is great!!!! Now, not everyone has easy access to Buenos Aires- our capital city. so many parents, like myself, need to instruct themselves ny using the internet. What I have found by talking to the PDD NOS- that's my son's dx- group of parents in the town where I live is that (in their own words) ALL THE GOOD BITS OF INFO ARE IN ENGLISH!!!! (complaining tone here) I am a fully qualified teacher of English as a foreign language - I'm not a translator, to be completely honest; but I am currently translating the "Developmental Model" guide to creating the social curriculum in order to share it with my group. I thought maybe you would be interested in getting a copy and making the handbook available in Spanish at your site. You cannot imagine what a relief it is to read something that sounds so true, so possible, so inspiring! I thought maybe you would like to share the material with the vast number of Spanish speaking families who are in a frantic search for people who have actually succeeded in treating children like their own, and who sound so respectful and sympathetic as you do. I've also enjoyed the webinars tremendously, and should you be interested in having those translated it would be a pleasure to do so. I cannot insert the subtitles into the videos, but i could forward you the copies of the transcripts. Please, let me know if all of this is possible and if you are willing to accept my help in this.
Thank you again for your work! It has brought me back to life! (and my son too...)
Mariana
mariana

Re: translation into Spanish

Postby SusanHumphries » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:55 pm

Mariana

First of all we are so grateful for your contribution to supporting the Son Rise Program. I adore reading your email and the passion it exudes to help others. I am going to have to check with William who is Executive Director of Programs and a Senior Son Rise Teacher. Once I hear from him I will post on the board.

We celebrate you for all that you do in loving your child and helping others. It really does make a difference!!! :P
Susan Humphries
The Son Rise Program ™ Teacher
SusanHumphries

Re: translation into Spanish

Postby mariana » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:10 pm

Susan:
Thank you for your answer. I've contacted the people from CEUPA Argentina (the organisation which promotes Son Rise in my country) who have explained to me everything regarding copyright, and how they're not able to translate anything for legal reasons yet, so I'll be waiting for your reply then. I completely undertand and respect the protection of the materials you produce, it is too serious an issue to leave it unattended. Anyway, when- and I hope it's not too long- CEUPA has permission to begin the translations, i will surely be among the people who will colaborate.
warm regards,
Mariana
mariana

Return to Other